We are finally on our day 1 of 100 days android app development challenge for beginners android developers.
If you are seeing it for the first time and don’t understand what it is all about I will suggest you first reading the welcome post on 100 Days Android App Development Challenge for Beginners.
I hope by now you have setup your working environment and you are willing to start soiling your hands with code.
If you have any question before you start, kindly use the comment box below and I will respond to your question.
Day 1 Challenge
Today’s android challenge is to write an android application that contains two activity pages which will pass random data back and forth to each other. A new random number is generated in each activity page and displayed to the other activity page on button clicked.
- On app launch, Activity A page will appear on the screen with a random generated number
- The Activity A and B will contain a Button and TextView widgets
- The TextView widget will display a random number
- The Button widget is wired with an onClick event.
- When Activity A button is clicked, it will navigate to Activity B and display the generated random number on Activity B TextView widget.
- When the Button widget on Activity B is clicked, it will generate a new random numbers and display it on the TextView on Activity A
- The Activity A button text is “Activity A Button“ while Activity B is “Activity B Button“.
What happens when you are done?
Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link in the comment section with everybody.
What if I have a question during a challenge?
We are all here to learn and improve. Feel free to ask questions that are related to the task in question. There are many people out there that will help your out.
Why should I take part in this challenge?
If you want to improve and get better with your android development knowledge and skill as a beginner this might be a right decision for you.
This will also give you the opportunity to connect to like-mind android developers around the world.
What about having a sample solution?
I have created a sample solution to all the task we will complete in the next 100 days but since we are challenging ourselves, the solution to the tasks will be made available for download at the end of the 100 days.
Now is time to start
If you are high in spirit and motivated then hit the start button of your android IDE.