This is the day 2 challenge of 100 days android application development challenge for beginners. I hope you have fun working on the day 1 challenge.
Please help us to get the word out to any body planning to learn or have started learning android development. We need as many people as possible who are motivated and willing to improve in their trade.
If you have question regarding the previous day challenge or present challenge kindly contact me and I will answer you question.
With everything out of the way now, lets head over to day 2 challenge.
Day 2 Challenge is on EditText Widget
Today’s challenge is to write an android application that will have two activities – Activity A and B.
Activity A will contain two EditText widgets for email and password and a button widget. When a user inputs email and password and click the button, whatever the user has inputted will be displayed on Activity B on a TextView widgets.
1, Create 2 Activity classes
2. Activity A (Launch Activity) will contain 2 EditText and a Button widgets
3. Activity B will contain 2 TextView widgets which will display the input values from EditTexts in Activity A
4. Activity A Button is wired with onClick event
5. The input values in Activity A must be validated for empty or null value before submitting to Activity B
6. The email value must be validated to make sure the input email address contains @ symbol
7. The password value must be hidden with asterisk or dot representation.
What happens when you are done?
Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link in the comment section with everybody.
What if I have a question during a challenge?
We are all here to learn and improve. Feel free to ask questions that are related to the task in question. There are many people out there that will help your out.
Why should I take part in this challenge?
If you want to improve and get better with your android development knowledge and skill as a beginner this might be a right decision for you.
This will also give you the opportunity to connect to like-mind android developers around the world.
What about having a sample solution?
I have created a sample solution to all the task we will complete in the next 100 days but since we are challenging ourselves, the solution to the tasks will be made available for download at the end of the 100 days.
Now is time to start
If you are high in spirit and motivated then hit the start button of your android IDE.