We are now on day 3 of 100 days android app development challenge for beginners. I hope you are having fun with the first 2 days of the challenge. Remember you can ask question related to each challenge whenever you feel hooked to a task.
Day 3 Challenge is on Android Spinner
Today’s challenge is to create an android application with a single Activity A that contains a TextView, a Spinner and a Button widgets. The Spinner will be populated from a String-Array. When an option is selected from the Spinner widget and the submit button is clicked, the option value selected from the Spinner is displayed on a TextView.
1. Create a Single Activity A (Launch Activity)
2. Add a Spinner, TextView and Button widgets to the layout file as show in the screen-shot below
3. The Spinner is populated from a String-Array in the Strings resources
4. When an option is selected from the Spinner and the submit button is clicked, the option value will be displayed on the TextView
5. The title of the option must be checked so that it will not be displayed rather it will let the use know through a Toast Message that an option should be selected.
What happens when you are done?
Like I said in the instruction, you can host your solution in Github, bucket or Pastebin and share the link in the comment section with everybody.
What if I have a question during a challenge?
We are all here to learn and improve. Feel free to ask questions that are related to the task in question. There are many people out there that will help your out.
Why should I take part in this challenge?
If you want to improve and get better with your android development knowledge and skill as a beginner this might be a right decision for you.
This will also give you the opportunity to connect to like-mind android developers around the world.
What about having a sample solution?
I have created a sample solution to all the task we will complete in the next 100 days but since we are challenging ourselves, the solution to the tasks will be made available for download at the end of the 100 days.
Now is time to start
If you are high in spirit and motivated then hit the start button of your android IDE.